In 2021, we presented our first ever week long festival with over 40 events across Belfast spreading the joy of Mela in each corner of the city.
Highlights of 2021 included:
- A free Mini Mela across the city centre with pop up music, dance, storytelling and art in Cathedral Gardens, St Anne’s Square, Victoria Square, Castle Court Rooftop, St George’s Market and many more!
- A free evening outdoor cinema in Botanic Gardens with showings of Slumdog Millionaire and a tasty Indian BBQ.
- A free lighting event, Luminate, where we will launch a spectacular installation of lanterns created by communities across the city alongside a twilight procession, music, dance and food at CS Lewis Square
- A whole host of music events including a Caribbean Carnival night at The Black Box, an evening of Sufi music at St Anne’s Cathedral and a Global Ceili headlined by The Dhol Foundation
- A whole host of food events including a three course dining experience at the Silk Road Supper Club; tea, tales and cocktails at The Tipsy Bird, lunchtime tasting tours with Belfast Food Tour and a pop up kitchen at St George’s Market
- A whole host of family experiences including Little Bollywood at The Oh Yeah Centre, an immersive storytelling tour Wonder Walks in Botanic Gardens and wellbeing events across the city’s parks.