Make Your Own Mango Lassi
A favorite drink at Indian restaurants, they’re easy to make at home. Lassis come in all kinds of flavors, some are salty, some are sweet, some have mint, some have fruit. A mango lassi is basically a yogurt based mango milkshake or smoothie. You can use either canned mango pulp or cubed fresh or frozen mango. If you use fresh, you’ll want to use a ripe, sweet mango. A little ground cardamom sprinkled on top is perfect.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped very ripe mango (see how to peel and chop mango), frozen chopped mango, or a cup of canned mango pulp
- 4 teaspoons honey or sugar, more or less to taste
- A dash of ground cardamom (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Put mango, yogurt, milk, sugar and cardamom into a blender and blend for 2 minutes
- If you want a more milkshake consistency and it’s a hot day, either blend in some ice as well or serve over ice cubes.
- Sprinkle with a tiny pinch of ground cardamom to serve.
- The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours